POEM: JESUS, UNDO EVERY HEAVY BURDEN✝️

 



Dear God,

I write this letter to you,

In my attempt to pour out into you,

I’ve been so full,

Full of the wrong things,

Filled with so much sadness,

So much bitterness for where I am at even thought I didn’t want to admit it,

It hurts to feel, so I try not to, 

It hurts to think,

So I preoccupy my brain so I don’t have to,

I’ve been thinking lately of all I could do,

All I could do for you, 

That’d make me be on the best child’s list,

But nothing I do could make me worth it,

Only that I am yours and knowing you are mine,

I’ve lived in the world of works and it hurts to live in this place,

I want freedom, 

I want out,

I want to break free like a bird that was caged up,

I need to see the sun, 

I’ve been in the dark too long, 

Please come, 

Rescue me from the dungeon.



Story behind this was, out of heaviness I poured out to God. I didn’t journal like I usually do, I poured out into my wiritjng via this poem. I don’t explain or ask for anything, I just poured out on the page how I felt.


Comments

Popular Posts