POEM: Even When It’s Grey, I see the ‘Son’ ✝️

 



When I look outside, I see opportunity,

Even if it does look somewhat gloomy,

When I look outside, I know God’s working,

Because even when it looks the worst, God’s doing His best, 

I truly believe this is God putting my faith to the test, 

Knowing that He is the God of the impossible,

And if I stick with Him, I’ll be unstoppable,

He’s just that One, The Holy One, The Only One, 

Who can save, who can change, who can rescue, 

So I choose to believe, it might be gloomy outside, 

But I choose to change my perspective and see the sunshine.




As I was deep in thought thinking of all the things I shouldn’t be thinking. Thoughts of fear and what ifs and saw how cold and gloomy it looked outside, I thought, what if I was out there, what if where I’m suppose to go doesn’t work out and I’m kicked out the shelter. Then I thought, what if that doesn’t happen. What if I see something other than what I can see in my reality? What if I choose to believe a different story than what my mind, my heart or even my fears was telling me. Wouldn’t that be a better story ending? So I wrote this.

Comments

Popular Posts